MX Linux 21 Beta 1 Released
- new and updated applications
- new installer partition selection area, including some LVM support if LVM volume exists already;
- new UEFI live system boot menus, now you can select your live boot options (persistence) from the boot menu and submenus rather than using the previous console menus; Xfce 4.16
- user password (sudo) for administration tasks by default, you can switch this in mx-tweak/Other tab
- many small configuration changes, particularly on the panel with new default panel plugins.
With this beta 1 release, we are particularly interested in testing the new UEFI live system boot menus as well as testing the installer. VirtualBox testing is welcome, but we are looking for edge cases on real hardware for the most part.
A major new update to MX Linux, a Debian-based desktop distribution is now available for testing. Version 21 is based on the soon-to-be-stable Debian 11 “Bullseye” and features the Xfce 4.16 desktop.