The OpenMandriva team has announced a new release candidate. OpenMandriva 4.3 RC introduces several package upgrades, along with a migration to the LLVM 12 build system.
Major updates :
- Linux kernel 5.12.4
- LLVM 12 – We have updated our main toolchain to LLVM 12, and rebuilt the entire system with the new compiler
- it should improve the overall performance a little
- systemd-248.20210517, which should fix hostname resolution problems some people have observed in 4.2
- KDE Plasma desktop 5.21.5
- KDE Frameworks 5.82.0
- KDE Gear 21.04.1
- Qt 5.15.3 with all patches proposed by KDE Mesa 21.1.1
- FFMPEG to 4.4. Another feature that will be interesting to some is that we’ve fully integrated support for the new JPEG-XL picture file format. JPEG-XL is significantly more efficient than traditional JPEG, and also adds all major features of PNG (such as transparent images and support for lossless compression).